For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Clean Hands & a Pure Heart

Today was a much better day…the title comes from my little one who cannot stand to have her hands dirty.  I bet I have wiped her hands 50 times today.  The funniest thing about it is she likes to get them in her food and then show them to me to clean.  This morning at breakfast she was loving her yogurt and getting her hands in it, but we went through about a half a pack of wipes to keep them clean.





We had the morning free and then had to do her medical exam (she received her TB test – we did not take the camera on this trip.  She did very well, they checked her out and gave her TB test (which she DID NOT like).  She only cried for a few minutes and then was back to playing.  Mitchell has been so good with her – she just laughs and laughs with him.  It has been so good to see her opening up today with much less times of crying (except at nap / bed time).  She never wants to go to sleep.  She is a great eater, give her a fry, chip or cookie and she is happy!  When she does go to sleep she is great – both mornings she has slept to almost 8 am.

 Her first trip to McDonalds


First trip in a stroller


First experience with ice cream (she did not really like the coldness of it) – just wanted to play with the spoon.

I have a video of her playing with the kids, but it is taking me too long to figure out how to load and I am tried.  Going to bed, hope to get it up tomorrow.

I have had several people ask about her health.  We have been amazed at how well she looks and is doing.  I have not seen any labored breathing, she did a good bit of walking this evening and did not wear out (she actually got mad that we stopped).  Her fingers and toes are blue so I am sure she is not getting all the oxygen she needs, but I know that God has cared for her up to this point and it is amazing to watch her play and easy to forgot she has anything wrong with her!  Thank you Lord!!

We so love reading the comments, thanks to everyone again for all the prayers (and continued prayers) as Sarah continues to adjust to her new family.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures. We will all make sure she gets lots of fries when she gets here. She may even like ice cream once you take her to Tony's. :) Your posts have been highlights of my day! Thank you for sharing this experience with all of us! We love all of you so very much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Guy family!
    I opened your blog website for Mrs. Thornburg's class this morning and all of Allie's classmates were able to see pics of Sarah. We are continuing to pray for you! Much love!
    Sherry Simpson

    ReplyDelete