For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Beijing Sightseeing (Day 2)

We had a great day today, but another very busy one! But I just can’t wait to get out little girl tomorrow – so excited!! Only have 5 hrs. until I need to get up, but just can’t sleep!

We were able to attend an international church service this morning which was very good. It was great to be able to sing and freely worship our Savior half way around the world. After church we visited a Jade factory (as the gem is very precious here in China). We made a small purchase (nothing like my shopping spree yesterday)!! After that to lunch and then the Great Wall of China. It was absolutely amazing!! You see the pictures on TV, but it is incredible to be here to see and experience it in person! Jerry and Allie and the hero’s that made it to the top (and it was a CLIMB). In the picture below they made it to the 2ndtower.









Mitchell and I made it about half way, but I will say that it was only because I did not want to be sore when meeting my new baby tomorrow.  That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!! LOL!!  The stairs are very steep and uneven.  The kids were again stalked by the paparazzi.  It is so funny to have strangers come up and want to take pictures with the kids, but I think they enjoyed it.  More pictures of the Great Wall:

After the climbing we rode around the city, more time in Olympic Park and then to dinner.  As for the food we have eaten all the Chinese I think I can stand, it is good and we have enjoyed most meals.  Every time we pass a McDonalds or KFC Allie says “there’s another one” – she so wants to stop and have some.  I am pretty sure there is one within walking distance of our hotel in Guangzhou so she will be very happy to finally get some!

After dinner we attended an acrobat show, it was pretty good but the highlight was when Mitchell was pulled up on stage (again, I think they just saw American kids and had to have some more).  It was so funny – they had him holding a rope and making him do different things and then they held it and tried to make his limbo (to a very low distance), he just slid underneath – it was so funny.  Then when they tried a again he stepped over it.   They also made him jump rope and then blindfolded him to see how well he did.  It was a blast.  We did not have the camera, but I was able to video it from my phone.  I hope it turns out good.

Again, the kids were exhausted and came straight in and went to bed.  I am happy to say they got about 11 or 12 hrs. last night, but we have to get up at 5:00 am tomorrow so I am glad to went to sleep so quickly.

Please pray for us and Sarah tomorrow that she will be assured and have a peace that everything is going to be ok.  I know she is going to be so scared.  Our flight is out at 8am, we should arrive Guangzhou around 11 and then get to hotel around 12:00 or 12:30.  I think we will go to Civil Affairs office around 2:00 to get her.  

3 comments:

  1. You are making memories that will last a lifetime!! I pray that you were able to get some sleep. I know that tomorrow will be a day of excitement and nerves, but God is with you all the way!!! I can't wait to read tomorrows posting! Our love to all of you, and know that you are in our prayers. He is THE GREAT I AM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you are just waking up in China, on the BIG day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so proud and happy for your family. Tomorrow you have no real idea of what is in store. The emotions may seem to be running high now, but just wait. The best way and quickest way to convey your love for your daughter is to hug her and keep holding her. Cannot wait to meet her. Stephen & Deanna Sobota

    ReplyDelete