For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Heartbridge Healing Home

We visited the Heartbridge Healing home, it’s was so great to be able to finally see and hold our little baby, but also hard because the nannies were very protective of him and when he cried they would take him to calm him down.  I understand their intentions; he has stranger anxiety and was screaming to the point of turning blue and having a hard time breathing.  I just wanted to take him and spend time with him vs. having them standing over us and continuing to take him, but I worry about how he is going to do.  I will be so glad Monday when he is ours and we can start the bonding process.  It’s a good sign that he has bonded with his nannies and I know he will do the same with us – just takes time. 









Braxton was very small and weak, they said he is feed cereal (like baby cereal) every 4 hours and takes a bottle – he is treated like an infant even through it is almost 2 years old.  I am hopefully that after a couple days with us we can get him eating some solids (noodles, rice, etc..).  We met the founders and owners (Robin & Joyce) who are an amazing couple that have given up so much to care for these children.  For that I will be forever grateful!  The healing home is just a small portion of their facility; they have a large foster home for children with special correctable needs.  I think there are 5 homes across China where they care for children.


After getting back from the healing home Sarah laid down for a nap and I went shopping with the kids.  When we got back (4 hours later) she was still asleep and Jerry said she was not feeling well.  We tried to get her up, she would not eat dinner and just went back to sleep.  We have started her on antibiotics and hope that she will feel better very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment