For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, November 15, 2013

Beijing - Day 1

We made it to Beijing!!  Getting up at 3:00am to catch a 6:00am flight, 4 hr layover in Detroit then 14 hr flight makes for some very tired and grumpy kids (and parents). I know we should not have gone to bed so early, but just could not make it anymore. Well, paying for it now. Allie, Sarah and I were all up at 1:45am!!  I'm going to try and get them to take a nap this am prior to visiting the healing home.

Today we will visit the Heartbridge Healing Home where Braxton has lived since he had surgery at 10 weeks old. Due to his health condition they did nit send him back to his orphanage. I'm really looking forward to seeing and holding him, having the ability to ask questions and see the nannies interact with him, but it's going to be really hard to leave him there.  A nanny from the healing home will travel with him (on the same flight as us) tomorrow to Nanchang where we will sign papers and officially becomes ours!!

Will post more later today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment