For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, April 12, 2014

His Ways are not our ways...

Many people have become aware of Braxton through his passing, but may not know how he came to our family and how God worked in such a mighty way to bring him to his forever family, even if just for a short time.  We were introduced to him in 2012 before we traveled to China to get Sarah.  I have prayed for that little boy for a very long time!  God spoke to both Jerry and I and confirmed time and time again that this is the child he wanted us to have.  I have questioned why God would open so many doors and allow us to bring this child home for an outcome that seems so wrong.  We were not so naive to think it would not be hard, we knew he was VERY sick, we were fully aware of the commitment, doctor appointments and surgeries that would be needed.  We were fully prepared to do anything possible to watch Braxton continue to grow and develop into the young man I envisioned.  God had a different plan.  I don't know why, I don't agree with it – but I do believe “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.  As the heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”  Isaiah 55:8-9
One month ago today my sweet precious little Braxton went to be with Jesus.  While it feels like a year to me I was thinking today that it probably only feels like a millisecond in the grand scheme of eternity and to Braxton.   My heart aches and I catch myself thinking people should be quiet in the house because Braxton’s asleep.  I feel empty when sitting at the table and he is not there.  While the pain is still so very real – we have seen so much love from people through this experience.  I know not everyone that goes through a loss has the love and support that has been shown to us – it’s been humbling and amazing.
I am so thankful for the time I had with him, I miss him, but I know he is rejoicing with the King of Kings and we celebrate Easter – he is there in his glory!
We were very fortunate to have family pictures made with Braxton, I will be posting more pictures soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment